YYI Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 2018
Our Privacy Promise
- We promise to collect, use and store your personal data in a safe and secure way.
- We promise to only use your personal data for the specific purposes stated.
- We promise to keep you informed about how we use your information and who we give it to.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Yusuf Youth Initiative collects personal information about you when you use our website or if you email us, or provide us with your personal details to access any of our services. Yusuf Youth Initiative is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services. Whenever you provide such information we will only use your information in line with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your information will be kept in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
What information will we collect about you?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Date of birth (you must be over 18 to participate in our competitions)
- Email address
- Phone number
How will Yusuf Youth initiative use the information it collects about me?
Yusuf Youth initiative will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To draw statistics to plan and improve our services.
- To provide you and our clients with relevant information.
- To respond to feedback, queries and complaints that you submit.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data, is that it is necessary for the performance of the relevant service which you are using. Failure to provide this information may mean that we will not be able to provide you with the associated services.
The lawful justification for collecting data that we hold about you if you have used Yusuf Youth Initiative services is because we have a legitimate business interest for your personal data to be used for this specific purpose.
How long will Yusuf Youth Initiative keep my information?
Your personal details for Yusuf Youth Initiative will be retained for up to 1 year and beyond this all of your personal details will be removed from our systems, unless you consent to us holding it for longer.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making an access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
To exercise your rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
Yusuf Youth Initiative
31 Dunsinane Industrial Estate,
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice, we will tell you when it was last updated.